High School Partnership
High School Partnership Program @ NCCC
The High School Partnership Program (HSP) is a unique program designed to provide eligible high school juniors and seniors from NCCC’s service region the opportunity to register for a maximum of two (2) college level courses each semester, at no charge, while they are still in high school.
Please note: All HSP students must meet the applicable prerequisites for the course/s they wish to take. HSP courses are available on a space-available basis. Students request courses with the help of their college guidance counselors. They then meet with a college advisor after taking placement tests to determine which requested courses are appropriate for them.
Tuition and fees for selected HSP students are waived for fall and spring semesters. (Summer courses are not offered for the HSP.) All HSP students must pay for all required course textbooks, supplies, and transportation.
- Students with a minimum of a “B” average are eligible to apply for the HSP.
- Students interested in participating in the HSP should discuss their interest with their high school counselor and then complete all of the necessary paperwork, including the minor consent form, before the application deadlines noted below.
- The College reserves the right to render all final decisions on HSP application submissions. In addition, submitting an HSP application does not automatically guarantee that a student will be eligible to participate in HSP.
- Students that wish to participate in the HSP must successfully complete all NCCC courses and reapply to the HSP program each semester. Students should consider their appropriateness for the High School Partnership Program and course selection carefully.
All HSP application and registration materials must be received by:
- November 15th for spring semester courses
- June 15th for fall semester courses
Because of college course capacity and other enrollment limitations that exist, all HSP application materials that arrive after the noted deadlines will not be considered. Continuing HSP students are required to reapply each semester.
Procedures & Forms:
To be considered for HSP, all students must:
- Be a resident of NCCC’s service area towns and cities.
- Demonstrate a “B” grade average in high school courses.
- Review and complete the HSP application in consultation with their assigned school counselor and/or another designated high school administrator. A parent’s signature is required on the HSP application if the under the age of 18 as well as the minor student consent form.
- Review and select courses from the online course search. Select the upcoming semester and then "Northwestern CC" and click the "get courses" button. (We recommend that new HSP applicants avoid classes coded C200 and above.)
- Submit official high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores.
- Submit all completed materials before the noted deadlines.
- Complete the College’s math and English placement test.
- Meet with a college advisor after taking placement test to determine eligibility for requested courses.
For High School Counselors:
High School Partnership program overview and procedures form.
For more information please contact the Office of Admissions at 860.738.6330.