I am committed to undergraduate competencies. I am passionate and committed to preparing students for an Associate Degree and future Baccalaureate success:
Accomplishments in this area for spring 2007 include:
- Eighteen Business and Management students graduated in May. This represented 10.8% of the total 2007 graduating class.
- Recommend Business and Management students for the following Scholarships and Awards:
Outstanding Community College Accounting Student-Un Yung Kim received this award.
- Philaret International Management Award.
- Greenwoods Foundation Scholarship.
- NCCC ScholarshipsTransfer/Articulation
Transfer / Articulation
In order affect a seamless transfer for students, I attended the following transfer and articulation meetings.
- Business Law and Principles of Finance Articulation meetings with UConn.
- Sharon Braverman, Assistant Dean School of Business surrounding student transfers on CCSU Connection day.
- BSBT Steering Committee meeting.Learning & Development
Learning & Development
- Learning & Development are key to future student success. I have completed the following learning & Development activities last spring.
- Completed Ph.D. course work and began the comprehensive examinations stage on June 8, 2007.
- Completed a Practice of Teaching and Learning course.
Attended a Residential Learning Colloquium in Orlando Florida.
Program & Course Development
- Center for Teaching Discussions.Program & Course Development
- Contributed to the Development of the Marketing & Sales Certificate.
- Assisted the Math Department in the development of a transferable Applied Mathematics course, required in Business at UConn & CCSU.
Involvement and interaction with business stakeholders is key to forging long-term strategic alliances that will benefit the college. I have been involved with the following associations.
- Connecticut Society of Public Accountants.
- Academy of Management.